Leading Agile Strategist. Speaker. Author. Scrum Expert.
I started my first blog (rapidBLOG) in 2003, which was essentially a steady stream of observations on technology, software development, social media, technology management. It also shared my perspective on the IT industry and analyses from the blogosphere. I have 14+ years of experience working in IT development, QA, business analysis, database architecture, and process reengineering. My focus for the past 10 years has been on large corporations with a strong emphasis on IT management consulting. My vertical industry experience spans banking, finance, real estate, insurance, transportation, telecommunication, oil & gas, technological industries, Internet B2B and various other service businesses.
Optimizing Your Agile Focus in an Ever-Changing Technology Landscape
As your company adopts Agile practices, it is imperative that the knowledge and experience of every team member is evaluated and improved upon if need be. I speak Agile fluently and can share my secrets with your organization on Agile and other essential technologies. I can help you identify and avoid challenges in the Agile environment and learn how to recognize and take advantage of opportunities that you might miss. My extensive library of articles and white papers (Agile transformation, methods & principles and program/project revival, among others) can empower your organization and help you slice through obstructions, avoid setbacks and ensure that projects are on-time and value-enriched.
Your Go-To Source For Agile Inspiration
I completed business graduate courses at UC Berkeley and Carnegie Mellon, and as an IT management mentor & advisor I’ve provided deep technology and management consulting, delivery management, client management, vendor management and program and project management.
Here’s some highlights:
- Successfully implemented a marketing and sales credit card program for one of the U.S.’s largest wholesale retailers, and managed a team of 120+ members onshore, offshore and onsite with a varied skill set to implement a large-scale data warehouse program for a Sales & Acquisition initiative.
- Instrumental in the successful deployment of a global employee benefits system for an international insurance company, which produced more than $150M in annual shared IT services.
- Successfully delivered a majorly failing Supply Chain ERP initiative (due to another vendor) for a major NA retailer and saved substantial investment costs ($25M) by launching their systems within three months of taking over. I provided ongoing support with the structuring of a SWAT team to handle critical issues, and prepared the IT teams for the busiest shopping season well in advance.
- Using Agile methodologies, I provided an accelerated Agile delivery of a home-grown asset and inventory management system for a large North American air transportation company. The product was built from the ground up with a team not well versed in Agile. This was accomplished through mentoring and coaching, targeted and strategic arranging of development teams in place, and creating the Agile infrastructure and following Scrum and XP approaches for successful development and continuous delivery.
- Successfully executed and implemented Lean management and Kanban initiatives for a major Insurance company’s DevOps team in North America. Consulted, mentored, trained and coached the DevOps and business stakeholders teams (totaling 200 team members onsite and offshore).
- Principal in the establishment of an Agile transformation program for a major North American manufacturing company’s failed web and eCommerce platform. Restructured the team using Agile and Scrum principles, and coached and mentored resources on the business and technology sides. We set a successful transformation plan based on the timeline and budget set by executive management, and created a successful metrics and standards definition for measurement of success and execution of the Agile transformation program.